3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
3 cups sifted flour
1/4 cup anise seeds
6 teaspoons baking powder
2 cup 10-x powdered sugar with cornstarch
4 tablespoons melted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
The Cookie1. Mix all dry ingredients. Create a well in the center, add eggs and gradually mix together. Add additional flour until the dough is no longer sticky (about a cup), similar to pizza dough.
2. Place dough on a well floured surface and continue folding (kneading) the dough until no longer sticky. Shape into an oval loaf.
3. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Cut about an inch off of the dough and roll into a long cylinder the length of the pan, about an inch in diameter. Place cylinder onto baking pan and lightly flatten the top of the cylinder. You can fit about 3 cylinders on one baking pan.
4. Preheat oven to 375˚. Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cut cylinders diagonally into the shape of biscutie.
5. Place back into oven and bake for an additional 7 minutes for soft cookie and up to 10 minutes for harder cookie.
The Icing1. Mix ingredients together. If too runny add more sugar, if too thick add more milk.
2. Coat the top of the cookies with icing by dunking into mixture.
3. Set aside to dry in a single layer.