Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs
Posted by: AnthonyM
Source: Family RecipeDescription:
1 lb pork, beef & veal
1 wet italian roll
1 clove minced garlic
1 handful romano cheese
2 handfuls italian breadcrum
to taste salt & pepper
top with parsley
2-3 large cans Tuttorosso Crushed tomatoes
2 small (1 medium) cans tomato paste
6 Sausage links
coat pan with Mazola oil
pinch of baking soda
lite sprinkle of crushed red pepper
Meatballs1. Mix all meatball ingredients in mixing bowl.
2. Fry meatballs the size of an ice cream scoop till browned on all sides. Place them in the stock pot for the last half hour of cooking.
Meat Sauce1. Put cans of crushed tomatoes and baking soda into large stock pot on low heat.
2. For extra spice add crushed red pepper in with crushed tomatoes.
3. In medium frying pan, cook sausage till browned with Mazola oil. Put sausage aside on paper towel.
4. On low heat, for 5 minutes, fry tomato paste in sausage/mazola oil. Put sausage and paste into stock pot.
5. Fill medium frying pan with water and bring to a boil. Put water into stock pot. Only use what you need to get the sauce to the consistency you desire. I often skip this step.